Affirmation: “Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away.” - Barbara de Angelis
Alone time. What a novel idea! What I wouldn’t do to get a few moments of solitude for self-reflection. Ideally, I would sit in lotus, burn some candles, shut my eyes, listen to my breathing and reflect about the abundance I have in my life. Like I said, that would be ideal.
In reality, I get my moments of solitude on my commute to and from work each day. I have spent the last 7+ years driving over 60 minutes one way to get to work. While driving may not be the ideal situation for self-reflection, I have learned to use that time effectively and to cherish it. Many of life’s problems have been solved on the way to and from work each day.
When can you find moments of solitude for self-reflection in your life? Here are a few suggestions:
- The first 5 waking minutes of the day.
- While waiting in line at your favorite coffee shop.
- Standing in line at the grocery store.
- Waiting to pick your children up at the end of the school day.
- Waiting for your meeting to start.
- The last 10 minutes before you fall asleep.
What can you do during that time?
- Take a moment to say thank you for the abundance you have been given.
- Acknowledge and validate yourself for all of your hard work.
- Count your blessings.
- Set goals for yourself for that day or the next day.
The small moments of solitude can add up over the course of the day. Go ahead and give yourself that gift. You deserve it!
For more daily affirmations, pre-order your copy of The Woman's Book of Empowerment & Confidence: 365 Daily affirmations.This inspirational book will be ready just in time for the holidays.