Affirmation: “The greatest pleasure of life is love.” -Euripides
Surrounding yourself by supporting and loving people can make a huge difference in your life. It is important to know who is “good for you” and to eliminate those who are not. Look around your life and pick out the 3-5 people who have a track record of loving you and caring about your outcome. Let’s call this group your Personal Board of Directors or PBoD. Your PBoD is your go-to committee. Every successful human being should have a PBoD. Currently, my husband is the head of my PBoD.
I would like to point out why I have appointed him to that position.
- He respects my goals and dreams.
- He supports my career ambition.
- He wants to be in the seat next to me, sometimes as the pilot, sometimes as the co-pilot. He doesn’t mind changing seats.
- He makes me feel like superwoman. I can accomplish anything.
- He encourages me to take risks.
- He provides a gentle landing spot when I fall.
- He doesn’t judge me when I make mistakes.
- He listens. He truly listens empathically and at a higher level.
- He makes me feel safe to be me.
- He calls my bluff.
- He knows my faults and loves me because of them.
- He challenges me to grow.
- He is not threatened by my success.
- He is committed to his own growth and to the growth of our relationship.
Who is on your PBoD? Who needs to be removed? What would you be capable of accomplishing if you had a loving support system around you?
For more daily affirmations, pre-order your copy of The Woman's Book of Empowerment & Confidence: 365 Daily affirmations.This inspirational book will be ready just in time for the holidays.